Import recipients from a CSV file
This article describes what to take into consideration when your recipient's information is imported from a CSV local file.
In this section
|Steps to import recipients from a CSV local file|
Steps to import recipients from a CSV local file
When you create a new list, you should follow these steps to import your recipients from a CSV local file:
- Select the CSV FILE option in the IMPORT FROM dropdown
- Click the UPLOAD FILE button.
- An Open File popup is opened. Look for the CSV file in your local system and select it.
- Then, the content of the file will be read and shown in the table (if no format errors are found).
A CSV file (comma-separated values) is a text file that uses a comma to separate values and a line break to separate each data record. Specifically:
- First-line should contain the name of each column, separated by a comma. Remember that these columns will be the eligible merge tags.
- Consecutive lines contain your recipient's information (one line per recipient, each value separated by a comma).
As a reference on how to generate your CSV file:
- It is possible to export your Excel or LibreOffice Calc to a CSV file.
- You can download an example file: gumbamail_example.csv
|⏭️ NEXT: About specific details related to the file content, have a look at the article where the expected content is explained in detail.|